RETREAT LINE PROCEDURE
The retreat line will come into play when the ball has gone out for a goal kick OR when the goalkeeper has the ball in their hands.
All opponents must be behind the retreat line and cannot cross the retreat line until the ball :
Is released by the keeper’s hands to allow distribution with their feet or ( drops the ball to pass/ dribble with their feet.
- Tier 1 divisions in U15 & above have assistant referees
- Field linings are required in all divisions
- Slide tackles are allowed in outdoor soccer at the Referees discretion
- U8 to U10 All opponents must be at least 5 yards from the ball on a free kick
- U11 and U12 All opponents must be at least 7 yards from the ball on a free kick
- You cannot score from an indirect kick which includes from the sidelines
- If coaches would like water breaks, please discuss with referee 15 minutes before kick off
- Referees are to collect games sheets 15 minutes before the game
- The ball is not live when the goalie puts it down as it must be touched by another player first
- See the EMDSL Web Page for the new OS soccer lightning rule
- Shirts do not have to be tucked in
- All Substitutions must be done at the center of the field
- No offside’s for U8-U10 and offside’s are in effect U11 & above
- They are no penalty kicks in U-8
- U-9 and U-10 penalty mark is 7 yards from goal line
- U11-U12 penalty mark is 9 yards from midpoint of the goal posts
- A goal cannot be scored directly from a pass in
- A goal cannot be scored directly from a goal kick
For complete rules, including the new Ontario Soccer lightning rule, please see the about section .